Wednesday 28 March 2007

Prototype 2 Walkthrough - Rebecca Green

Rollerball Remote Control

Rebecca commented that she likes the traditional arrow buttons on the former controller but that this was easier to hold.
Her comments were:

  • You know, this feels far more natural.
  • I'm not sure I like it more than the arrow buttons though.

We loaded the internet function on netbox and navigated to a website that contained several hyperlinks, and asked Rebecca to move around the screen choosing particular links.
Her comments were:

  • It's not difficult to use...but I didn't find the arrow buttons difficult either.
  • Sometimes my thumb feels like it wants to keep on rolling when I really should stop.That makes it difficult to stop on something on the screen.

Touchpad Remote Control

Rebecca comment that the controller looked "very space age" and stressed that she hoped it wouldn't make her feel stupid.
Her comments were:

  • This is a lot different to both of them. It's actually easier to use than both I think (as she intuitively placed her thumb on the pad)

We again asked her to perform the same process with this remote.
Her comments were:
  • This is nice. It doesn't make my thumb ache eiter.

  • It feels quite natural.

'Wii'-Style Controller

Her initial remarks about this remote were:
  • Where are the arrow buttons? How do I use this?
When she performed the task again (after instruction about how touse the remote), she said:
  • I think my arms will hurt if I keep doing this. It's like a computer game!
  • My nephews would love this though!
Keyboard and Speech Recognition System

Rebecca's initial response to the keyboard and new speech recognition feature was:
  • I used to be a typist. I never thought you'd show me something that I'm familiar with!
  • You say I can talk to Netbox? How?
After an explanation we asked her to send an email using both the keyboard and the speech recognition system from one of the remotes.
Rebecca's response using the keyboard was:
  • Reminds me of being a typist. We didn't have any of this electronic stuff though. It is easy to type, isn't it?
  • Why didn't you sue this before? It's much easier than that silly remote you first gave us!
Rebecca's response using the speech recognition system was:
  • This is brilliant! I told you I didn't want to feel stupid using technology but I didn't think you'd make me comfortable with it! How does it know that I don't want to speak to it if I'm speaking to my family?
  • I like this very much! Can I use it to navigate the menu?

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page