Wednesday 28 March 2007

Prototype 2 Walkthrough - Derek Wilkins

Rollerball Remote Control

Derek initially examined the remote and began moving the rollerball around with his thumb.
His comments were:

  • This feels quite comfortable.
  • I like it more than the original controller.

We loaded the internet function on netbox and navigated to a website that contained several hyperlinks, and asked Derek to move around the screen choosing particular links.
His comments were:

  • I like the way I can zoom around the screen.
  • It's quite hard to stop on a particular link.

Touchpad Remote Control

After initial examination, Derek seemed a little unsure about how this remote control would work.
His comments were:

  • This remote feels a little lighter than the previous one
  • So I just move my thumb across the pad to move the cursor on the screen.
We again asked him to perform the same process with this remote.
His comments were:
  • Wow, this feels so much better.
  • I feel like I am really in control of the cursor.
  • It feels quite natural.

'Wii'-Style Controller

His initial remarks about this remote were:
  • Seems very similar to the last one
When he performed the task again, he said.
  • It's quite hard to point to a specific location on the screen.
  • My arm aches a little after using this remote.
Keyboard and Speech Recognition System

Derek's initial response to the keyboard and new speech recognition feature was:
  • I am so glad to see a keyboard. I hated the way I had to type test on the first remote control
  • So, where do I talk into the remote?
We asked him to send an email using both the keyboard and the speech recognition system from one of the remotes.
Derek's response using the keyboard was:
  • This is a lot better.
  • It now takes me about 1 minute instead of 5 minutes using the old system.
Derek's response using the speech recognition system was:
  • I can't believe I can just talk into the remote and the text appears on the screen.
  • It feels a little wierd talking to a remote control.
  • It's so easy to use.

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page